For more than a decade, the Women's Mountain Bike and Tea Society has been a networking hub for women who ride trails. The WOMBATS Teacup Tango is a celebration of this network, a chance to strengthen the ties that bind us and encourage newcomers to join our ranks.
The Teacup Tango is an event by and for women, where riders of all levels can enjoy the singletrack trails of China Camp State Park (with or without a guide), can develop riding dexterity at their choice of clinics, and can learn critical bike maintenance skills, all in the non-threatening environment created by Wombats.
- Find out more about the Wombats - who we are and what we're about.
- Network with other women riders in the Bay Area.
- Learn skills from Mountain Bike Hall of Famer Jacquie Phelan.
- Learn how to take care of your bike at a maintenance clinics throughout the day.
- Pedal a variety of trails with a group in China Camp. The park offers a broad range of riding difficulties and distances. There is something for all abilities.
- Learn proper etiquette at an official Wombat tea party.
- Enjoy lunch at Tango Headquarters in Miwok Meadows in the park.
The Teacup Tango is being held at China Camp State Park in Marin County, California, approximately fifteen miles north of San Francisco.
- Take 101 to the Central San Rafael exit.
- From the South, take your first right on Second Street. From the North, cross Mission Ave., Fifth, Fourth and Third St. and take a left on Second St.
- Go about five miles. The street will go along the bay and becomes Point San Pedro Road. It will eventually go into the park and get narrower.
- After about two miles into the park, you will see a sign for Miwok Meadows on your left.
- Park on San Pedro Road, then ride in on the dirt road, go about 1/8th of a mile to the venue (no cars allowed!). This is the Tango headquarters.
Huge "Thank You" to the people at Beckmann's Old World Bakery, who continuously support (through generous "doughnations") Wombat activities and fuel the active woman rider via the centuries-old method known as high quality baking.